Heading Institutional Distinctiveness 2021-22: Click here to view
Insitutional Distinctiveness III: Click here to view
Engaging and Empowering Students Through Comprehensive/ Extensive Experiential Learning
The college functions in a very democratic setting. “By the students, for the students and of the students”, has been the motto and the driving force behind all policy decisions of the institution. Intellectual engagement of students in each and every activity, accepting suggestions and feedback and empowering students by de-centralising processes have been the core values of the institution. Coordination between management, staff, non-teaching staff and students has created an organisational culture, which fosters innovation and enterprise for the successful implementation of the institution’s vision and mission. Development of student centric teaching and learning model and reversing the pyramid to take students at the top of the pyramid has been a successful strategy. The institution organizes various workshops, programs, seminars etc. that provide opportunities to the students to conceptualize, plan and implement their ideas in sync with the changing dynamics of the world of commerce and economics. The institution encourages student internship, article-assistantship and other industry engagement to expose students to experiential learning. Students are also encouraged to volunteer for social projects.
The vision and thrust of organization is reflected through the following key activities and initiatives:
- Student representation on various key statutory and non – statutory committees such as admission, IQAC, placement, international programs committee and so on for their valuable suggestions and feedback.
- Active involvement in planning the logistics and setting up helpdesk at the time of admission to resolve queries of students and parents showing students empowerment.
- Participation in anti-ragging squad to provide trust and confidence in the institutional culture.
- Creating conducive environment for participation in research competition and conferences at national and inter -national level.
- Organising consulate visits/meetings to provide exposure for future opportunities at global level
- Participation in various competitions and festivals to display talent in the area of performing arts, fine arts and literature.
- Organising intra and inter collegiate events in the area of finance, marketing, economics, mathematics and other subjects giving an opportunity to students to showcase their leadership skills.