H R College of Commerce & Economics
The institutional policy of the college is based on UGC’s MulyaPravah Guidelines
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
H.R. College of Commerce & Economics is committed to
- Providing excellence in commerce and business education at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Pursuit of knowledge through holistic education in academic and extracurricular activities
- Developing strong personal values
- Addressing the evolving needs of business and industry.
- Emphasising theory and practice
- Giving the breadth of knowledge and the depth of experience to students
- Providing meaningful contributions to career and community.
- Preparing students for life and work in an information-rich, technology-driven world
- Connecting and building partnerships with the corporate sector and non-profit making communities to pursue its educational mission
- Ensuring the future success of both the college and its stakeholders.
The educational pedagogy at the college is designed and developed to ensure that all graduates obtain a set of key skills and attributes to assist them in their professional and academic careers as well as their personal lives. The college aims at producing
Professionals who are
- capable of independent thinking.
- analytical, Critical, and reflective in their thought process.
- practical and rational in approaching problems.
Active Global Citizens who are
- attuned to cultural diversity.
- capable of applying their discipline in local, national and international contexts.
- culturally aware and capable of respecting diversity and acting in socially just/responsible ways.
Scholars who are capable of
- independent, self-directed practice.
- lifelong learning.
- operating within an agreed Code of Practice.
Leaders who are
- enterprising, innovative and creative.
- capable of initiating as well as embracing change.
- collaborative team workers.
Socially sensitive individuals who
- are sensitive to issues of exclusion, equity and justice.
- respect environment and are community responsive.
- value work and social ethics.
ROLE OF THE GOVERNING BODY
The Governing body of the college ensure that the organization fulfils its overall purpose, achieves its intended outcomes and operates in an efficient, effective and ethical manner. It works to
- establish an educational institution of high quality.
- keep the interest of quality education as of highest priority compared to any other priority.
- creating a learning environment for developing socially sensitive students.
VALUES AND ETHICS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
The success of an Institution’s Mission and vision is driven by value-based ethical behaviour of its committed faculty members, officers, staff and students. Thus, an institute should thrive for imbibing core value and ethical behaviour into the daily interactions of stakeholder groups. These stakeholders of an institution, be they faculty, students, administrators or others, should be guided by the following core values:
Values and Ethics for Stakeholders
- Integrity –adhering to a conduct of duties in righteous manner and in accordance with the principles of honesty, trust, transparency and fairness.
- Trusteeship- Operating in an efficient, ethical and true manner while ensuring group participation and a system of check and balances within an institution.
- Harmony- Balancing the diversity and difference through a culture of tolerance, discussion and forgiveness among stakeholders
- Accountability - Enabling the environment of openness and trust to accommodate mistake and to encourage individual in taking the responsibility of one’ action.
- Inclusiveness – adopting standards, policies and procedure to promote and ensure equal opportunity, without any discrimination against an individual or a group, for education, employment, promotion and other activities in an institution
- Commitment – Dedicating to the vision and mission of the institution while cultivating one’s knowledge, skill and attitudes to achieve excellence in due time and regulatory boundaries.
- Respectfulness – Creating an environment of mutual respect, trustworthy and quality interaction as well as fair participation by functionaries and beneficiaries of the institution.
- Belongingness- fostering a shared vision of institute to make everyone feel secure, supported, accepted and included.
- Sustainability – Ensuring optimal resource utilization-economic, environmental and social-to achieve long lasting and safe future.