Anti Ragging Committee
HR College Policy on Anti Ragging
UGC Circular on Anti Ragging
The anti-ragging committee includes the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Pooja Ramchandani
- Dr. Rani Tyagi
- Ms. Shubhada Kanchan
- Dr. Jalaja Nair
- Dr. Sheetal Gangaramani
- Mr. Aakash Khitani (General Secretary, The Students’ Council 2023-2024)
The college has a zero tolerance policy towards ragging. The college conforms with all the guidelines on Anti-Ragging issued from time to time.
H.R. College has a fully functional 'Anti Ragging Squad' consisting of teachers and students from the Students’ Council.
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- Any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background.
MEASURES FOR PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
The institutions shall take action in accordance with these Regulations against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
The application for admission, enrolment or registration must be accompanied by an Anti Ragging affidavit signed by a student in a prescribed format and another Anti Ragging Affidavit signed by a Parent/Guardian. (Both these Affidavits can be downloaded from www.antiragging.in or www.amanmovement.org)
The anti-ragging squad holds an anti-ragging drive at the beginning of each academic year to ensure zero ragging. The squad patrols area around the college and also checks the identity cards of each and every person entering the college.
ADIMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING: The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.