Media has perhaps played the most powerful role in history, politics, economics & society. It is not limited being a tool of communication anymore. In our present day world, media- broadcast and print media in particular, are considered mainly to be entities that reflect the face of the society as it exists today.
Since it has a vital role to play itís our fundamental responsibility as academicians to equip students with its various forms like print, radio, television, cinema, internet etc. It is with the same understanding that university of Mumbai introduced Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) in 2000- 2001. The course promotes the freedom of thought & expression.
We at HR, aspire to promote originality, creativity, commitment, dedication & passion in our media students. The HR BMM student will be educated in an in-depth study of media & its powers & responsibility & thus encouraged to excel. So that students would understand the process of making every voice heard, every image seen & every opinion counted. We intend to conceive it by developing fundamental human skills of oral presentation, lucid writing skills, critical thinking, motivation & supporting social structure.
• Uses basic principles of advertising, marketing, journalism to enable students to understand their surroundings.
• Integrates practical aspects of theory learned by industry interactions in form of guest lectures, summer internships, field visits, live projects etc
• Develops communication, presentation skills, creativity thorough seminars & workshops.
• Continuously encourages faculty training & enhancement activities
• Guest Faculty from Management Institutes & the Industry